Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- nut free, vegetarian
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 cans (14 1/2 to 16 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced, mild green chiles
- 1/2 cup canned vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the bell peppers, onion and garlic; cook until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the chili powder; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the stewed tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, chiles and broth.
- Simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, top with cheese.