Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Black Bean-Chipotle Salsa
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- latin, mexican, dairy free, nut free, sugar free, vegan, vegetarian, snacks, labor day
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple slices in juice, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned pimentos, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 chipotle pepper, puréed and strained*
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed, toasted**
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grill pineapple slices on gas or charcoal grill until slices have brown grill marks, turning once.
- Cut into 1/2-inch dices.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple with remaining ingredients except salt and pepper; mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.