Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- latin, mexican, dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free, vegan, vegetarian, sides, cinco de mayo
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 corn tostadas*
- 1 cup washed and torn romaine lettuce leaves (if available in your cooler)
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Sprigs of cilantro, if available
- Mash beans in a medium bowl, using a potato masher or the back of a spoon.
- Add chili powder and blend.
- Spread bean mixture evenly over tostadas; layer with lettuce, tomato, onion and jalapeño.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Serve immediately.