Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Breakfast Egg And Bean Burritos
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- latin, mexican, breakfast, nut free, cinco de mayo
- 1 can (16 ounces) maple-cured, bacon-baked beans or other smoky-baked beans
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 6 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 6 (7- to 8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Canned salsa or ketchup, optional
- Heat the beans in a small saucepan until heated through; keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the eggs and sprinkle with the bacon and green onions.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are softly cooked.
- Divide the egg mixture into 6 parts, and spoon one part into each tortilla.
- Top each with 1/4 cup beans and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cheese.
- Fold in the ends and roll up the burritos.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.