Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Cabbage Rolls Stuffed With Corned Beef
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- german, irish, dairy free, nut free, sugar free, saint patrick's day
- 1 large head cabbage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) corned beef hash
- 1 cup canned spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- Separate 12 large outer leaves from the cabbage head; set aside the remaining cabbage head.
- Remove the center vein from each leaf so it becomes more pliable.
- Soften the cabbage leaves in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from water with a slotted spoon; set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Chop 1 cup of cabbage from the remaining cabbage head.
- Save any leftover cabbage to use in a salad, soup or stir-fry dish.
- Cook and stir the chopped cabbage, onion and celery in oil over medium heat in a medium, non-stick skillet until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add corned beef hash, breaking it up with a spoon; mix gently.
- Heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce and breadcrumbs, mix well.
- Cool slightly.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the corned-beef mixture onto each cabbage leaf.
- Roll, tucking the ends in.
- Arrange cabbage rolls, seam side down, in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over cabbage rolls.
- Bake at 350ºF covered for about 25 minutes, until heated through.
- To serve, spoon spaghetti sauce over cabbage rolls; sprinkle with parsley.