Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Caribbean Fish And Sweet Potato Casserole
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- american, dinner, dairy free, nut free, main-dish, thanksgiving
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine (or regular long grain) rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup curry sauce
- 2 cans (6 oz each) tuna or salmon, drained, broken in large pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) cut sweet potatoes in light syrup, coarsely cut
- Bring 1 1/3 cups water to a boil over high heat in a large frying pan.
- Stir in the rice until moistened.
- Stir in curry sauce.
- Scatter tuna and tomatoes evenly over top of the skillet mixture, and then arrange sweet potatoes on top.
- Cover and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and boil gently until rice is tender, about 12 minutes.