Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Caribbean Stir Fried Shrimp
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- asian, chinese, dinner, dairy free, nut free, sugar free, main-dish, chinese new year, memorial day
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained, and patted dry
- 1 pound frozen, large shrimp, thawed, peeled and cleaned
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup canned, diced mild green chilies
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (optional)
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add half the oil and heat until smoking, about 10 seconds.
- Add the onion and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Add the pineapple and stir fry gently until pineapple browns lightly, about 1 minute.
- Move pineapple to a bowl and set aside. Add remaining oil to the pan.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry until opaque, about 1 minute.
- Add garlic and red pepper, if desired, and stir-fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chilies, and reserved pineapple and stir-fry until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Stir in soy sauce and serve over rice, if desired.