Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Chicken And Cashew Pasta Salad
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- italian, lunch, dairy free, salad, memorial day
- 2 cups enriched or whole wheat rotini (short spirals) pasta
- 1 cup pea pods, cut in
- 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) premium chunk breast of chicken in water, drained and flaked
- 1 can (5 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, adding the pea pods during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain and cool pasta and pea pods.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta and pea pods with chicken, water chestnuts, bell pepper, red onion and carrots.
- Combine the mayonnaise, brown sugar, vinegar and salt, and toss with the salad.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, fold in cashews.