Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Chicken-Zucchini Stuffed Cabbage With Tomato-Chile Sauce
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- german, gluten free, nut free, sides, memorial day
- 8 large, savory cabbage leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (12 ounces) chunk chicken, drained
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) zucchini with peppers
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 cup canned, diced tomatoes with chilies
- 2 tablespoons
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Remove main stem from cabbage leaves.
- Bring water in a medium saucepan to boil; lower heat and soften cabbage leaves in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from water with a slotted spoon; set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Heat olive oil in a medium, non-stick skillet.
- Add chicken and garlic; cook and stir until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly.
- Mix zucchini, rice and basil into chicken-garlic mixture.
- Place about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture on each cabbage leaf.
- Wrap, tucking the edges in, to make a small package.
- Arrange cabbage rolls in a baking dish, seam side down.
- Pour tomatoes over cabbage rolls.
- Bake at 350ºF for about 25 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.