Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Chinese Tomato Soup With Shrimp
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- asian, chinese, dinner, lunch, nut free, main-dish, soups, memorial day
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/4 cup canned water chestnuts, drained
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup canned peas
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Heat a medium saucepan over high heat; add the chili oil and onion, and saute until the onion is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic.
- Cook about 2 minutes or until the garlic begins to brown.
- Pour the soup and 1 can of water over the garlic and onion mixture.
- Add the shrimp, water chestnuts, green onion, sesame oil, and white pepper.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer just until the shrimp turns pink, about 3minutes.
- Stir in the peas and heat through.
- Season to taste with salt, if needed.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top with the cilantro.