Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Cobb Salad With Chipotle Black Bean Vinaigrette
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- texmex, lunch, dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free, salad, cinco de mayo
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- 1/2 cup spicy salsa
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Kosher salt, to taste*
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn kernels, drained
- 2 canned roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes, stem removed and cut in small dices
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, and cut in small dices
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 bunches (4 ounces) arugula or watercress, stems removed, washed and dried
- 12 ounces roasted chicken breast, thinly sliced, rotisserie or freshly made, skinless
- 2 strips bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- Purée all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Toss the corn and red peppers in a small bowl; set aside.
- Toss the tomato, cucumber and onion in a separate bowl; set aside.
- Make a bed of arugula or watercress on a large platter.
- Top 1/3 of the greens with the corn mixture.
- Place the tomato and cucumber next to the corn, covering another 1/3 of the greens.
- Cover the remaining greens with the sliced chicken; top the chicken with crumbled bacon.
- Drizzle half the dressing over top, and scatter the diced avocado overall.
- Serve the remaining dressing on the side.