Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- southern, nut free, appetizer, 4th of july, fathers day
- 2 cans (6 oz each) crabmeat, drained
- 1 can (8.25 oz) cream style corn
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 medium scallions (green onions), trimmed finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- Mix crabmeat, corn, hot sauce, scallions and 3/4 cup bread crumbs in a medium mixing bowl until well blended.
- Spread the remaining breadcrumbs on a sheet of foil and divide the crab mixture into 8 even portions (about 1/3 cup each).
- Roll each portion in bread crumbs until the surface is well coated, and form into 1/2-inch thick patties.Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour in some canola or vegetable oil (about 3 tablespoons).
- When the oil is hot, brown the crab cakes on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.