Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Escarole Salad With Roasted Tomatoes And Warm White Bean Vinaigrette
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- lunch, dairy free, nut free, sugar free, vegetarian, salad, memorial day
- 1 pound (about 6) large plum tomatoes, each cut in 6 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste*
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon chopped, fresh tarragon
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil Kosher salt, to taste*
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 pound escarole lettuce mix, including radicchio, escarole, frisée, chicory and mâche or 2 pounds of the same lettuce in heads, cleaned of damaged leaves, cored, washed and broken in bite-size pieces
- 3 scallions, trimmed and sliced 2 ounces (about 1/3 cup) pitted black olives, quartered
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Toss the tomatoes and oil on a large sheet pan and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with tarragon and cool.
- When just cool to the touch, lift carefully with a spatula to make sure the tomatoes are not sticking to the pan.
- To make the dressing, purée all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to a skillet.
- Toss the lettuces and scallions in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the dressing until simmering, stirring often; add more water if needed to keep it the texture of unbeaten cream.
- Toss the dressing with the lettuces.
- Mound on a large platter or on individual plates.
- Scatter the olives on top and arrange the roasted tomatoes decoratively on and around the salad.