Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free, vegan, vegetarian, sides
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained, rinsed and dried
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- Salt to taste Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat
- Add the onion and cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garbanzos, garlic and oregano.
- Stir, cook for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.