Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dairy free, nut free, beverage, cocktail, fathers day
- Fresh gingerroot
- 1 fresh lime
- 2 canned pear slices in heavy syrup (from 15-ounce can)*
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) syrup from can of pears
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) pear-flavored vodka
- Peel skin from gingerroot with the side of a spoon.
- Finely grate enough ginger to prepare as many drinks as needed.
- Juice lime and pour into martini shaker.
- Add two pear slices to the martini shaker.
- Add thumbnail-sized portion of ginger and muddle ingredients together.
- Pour syrup from canned pears into shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice and add vodka.
- Shake vigorously 10 times and strain into chilled martini glass, making sure to keep solids out of the cocktail.