Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Grandma_s Favorite Pot Pie
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- nut free, New Year's
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced potatoes, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sodium sweet peas, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) chicken, drained and flaked
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crust, contains two crusts
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, peas, chicken, mushrooms and soup in a large bowl, and fold together until blended.
- Add the onion powder, sage, rosemary and pepper, and stir until blended.
- Form 1 pie crust into a deep dish pie plate.
- Pour the pot-pie mixture into the crust, and place the top crust over the top.
- Seal the edges with a fork or by pinching with the thumb and forefinger.
- Cut two, 1-inch slits in the center of the crust to vent.
- Bake 10 minutes; reduce the heat to 350°F.
- Bake for an additional 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
- Place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Cut the pie into 8 wedges to serve.