Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- latin, mexican, lunch, dairy free, nut free, sugar free, main-dish, soups, cinco de mayo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) whole-white hominy (pozole), drained
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) no-salt added, diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) diced, peeled green chilies, drained
- 24 unsalted, yellow corn tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds more.
- Add hominy, tomatoes, chilies, crushed tortilla chips, cumin, and chicken broth; simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until lightly thickened.
- Stir in lime juice, lime zest and cilantro.