Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad With Habanero-Peach Vinaigrette
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dinner, lunch, salad, 4th of july, memorial day
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) peach halves or slices in juice, drained (1/2 cup juice reserved)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground habanero pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 6 ounces each
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bags (about 9 ounces each) cleaned baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese or chevre (optional)*
- To make the dressing, purée all of the dressing ingredients, including reserved juice, in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Place the chicken in a plastic zipper bag.
- Add half the dressing (3/4 cup), seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, and no more than 8 hours.
- Preheat a grill for direct grilling, medium heat.
- Soak the onion in ice water for at least 10 minutes; drain.
- Grill the chicken until browned on both sides, firm to the touch and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of the thickest piece of chicken registers 170°F.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Toss the spinach, onion, walnuts and cheese with the remaining 3/4 cup dressing.
- Slice the grilled chicken and arrange on top of the salad.