Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- latin, mexican, gluten free, vegetarian, snacks, easter, labor day
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) apricot halves, in heavy syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch ground habanero chile
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Drain syrup from the cans of apricots into a heavy saucepan.
- Boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until syrup is golden and reduced to about 2/3 cup.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Add honey, habanero chile, crushed pepper flakes and almond extract.
- Chop apricots into rough 1/4-inch pieces and stir into sauce.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for up to 1 week and warm before serving.