Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dinner, dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free, main-dish
- 1 pound lean, boneless pork loin, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) white hominy (mote blanco), drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, no-salt added, drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped, mild green chiles
- Finely sliced green onions, for garnish
- Season pork with pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add pork and cook and stir until pork is no longer pink.
- Transfer pork to a clean plate.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add remaining tablespoon vegetable oil, onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir about 5 minutes, or until softened and golden.
- Stir in chili powder and cumin.
- Add hominy, tomatoes, chicken broth and chiles, and bring to a boil.
- Add pork, reduce heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes until pork is cooked to desired doneness.
- To garnish, top with green onions.