Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- greek, mediterranean, middle-eastern, dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free, vegan, vegetarian, snacks, New Year's
- 1 can (15 or 16 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup canned tahini (sesame paste)
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in the workbowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Process until smooth.
- Use immediately, or refrigerate up to 4 days.