Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- gluten free, nut free, vegetarian, snacks, memorial day
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped mild green chiles
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoe, no-salt aded, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (2 1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions or chopped sweet white onion
- Place the cream cheese in a 9-inch glass pie plate or 9-inch square baking dish.
- Spoon chili over and around the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with the green chiles, tomatoes, and shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle the olives and scallions over the top.
- Cover loosely with waxed paper and microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until the chili is bubbly and the cream cheese is warmed through.
- Remove from the oven and let stand, covered, to equalize the temperature, about 4 to 5 minutes.