Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) stewed tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1/2 cup dried plum (prune) juice or orange juice
- 6 pitted dried plums (prunes), diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup plain tabouleh
- 1 1/3 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and brown on one side.
- Turn and add the onion; continue cooking until the onion and chicken are browned.
- Drain the excess fat.
- Stir in the tomatoes, juice, dried plums, allspice, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Uncover and simmer about 10 minutes, until the sauce thickens and the chicken is done; turning the chicken and stirring the sauce occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine the boiling water and tabbouleh in a medium saucepan.
- Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley to tabbouleh and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken and sauce on a bed of tabbouleh.