Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- hawaiian, breakfast, nut free, brunch, snacks, New Year's
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (8 ounce) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup finely chopped Canadian bacon (3 1/2 ounces)
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat together egg, oil and sugar in medium bowl.
- Stir in flour mixture, pineapple, cheese and bacon until just mixed.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans, sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375º F, 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Remove muffins from pans onto wire rack to cool slightly.
- Best if served warm.