Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Open-Face Chicken Bruschetta On Garlic Bread
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- italian, nut free, fingerfood, New Year's
- 1 can (10 ounces) chicken packed in water, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium slices crusty Italian bread
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, tomatoes, basil, green onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinaigrette and pepper.
- Allow flavors to blend for about 15 minutes.
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil with garlic.
- Brush olive oil-garlic mixture on both sides of bread.
- On a baking sheet, toast bread in the oven, about 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp.
- To serve, spread chicken mixture over toasted garlic bread.
- Top with feta cheese and basil leaves.