Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- latin, mexican, dairy free, nut free, cinco de mayo
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 fully cooked boneless chicken breast, (about 11-ounces), sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed, dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 tostada shells
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced mango in light syrup, drained
- 1 tablespoon canned, sliced jalapeño peppers, drained
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic, chili powder and orange juice.
- Add half the dressing to the chicken slices in a medium bowl and toss gently to mix.
- Toss remaining dressing in a large bowl with lettuce.
- Put a tostada shell on each plate.
- Arrange chicken slices in a spoke pattern on top alternating with slices of mango.
- Top with a second tostada shell.
- Mound with lettuce and top with a third tostada shell.
- Garnish with jalapeño slices and serve immediately.