Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Peppered Turkey-Corn Quesadillas With Tomato Salsa
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- latin, mexican, dinner, nut free, snacks, cinco de mayo, labor day, thanksgiving leftovers
- 1 can (10 ounces) turkey or white meat chicken in water, drained
- 1 can (8 3/4 ounces) corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup canned, diced, no-salt-added tomatoes, drained
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl combine turkey, corn and chili powder.
- Layer half of each tortilla with turkey mixture, then with cheese.
- Fold other half of each tortilla over top to cover filling.
- Spray both sides of folded tortilla with vegetable oil spray.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tortillas are crisp and slightly browned.
- In a medium bowl mix tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, green onion and lime juice.
- Set aside.
- To serve, cut each quesadilla in thirds.
- Serve tomato mixture (salsa) with quesadillas.