Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Pork Chops With Chipotle Tomatoes
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- texmex, dinner, dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free, main-dish, cinco de mayo, memorial day
- 6 boneless, center-cut pork chops (about 5 ounces each)
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 or 1 canned chipotle pepper en adobo, finely chopped (amount depending on heat preference)
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chops on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove to a plate and set aside.
- If you cannot fit all of the chops in the skillet without crowding, brown in batches.
- To the skillet add tomatoes, chipotle, corn, beans and garlic; bring to a boil, stirring once or twice.
- Add pork to sauce in skillet and turn to coat; cover and simmer over medium heat until chops are cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove chops to a serving platter.
- Bring the juices in the pan to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add lime juice and cilantro, and simmer until lightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon over pork chops and serve.