Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dinner, gluten free, nut free, main-dish
- 1 can (15 ounces) unsalted mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) chicken, flaked and drained
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- Chopped parsley, optional
- Heat the vegetables, soup, milk, thyme, garlic powder and black pepper in a medium saucepan over medium heat until boiling, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the chicken.
- Cook 15 minutes to heat the chicken thoroughly.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle with freshly parsley if desired.