Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Savory Slaw With Ginger Pineapple Dressing
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- german, lunch, dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free, vegan, vegetarian, salad, fathers day, memorial day
- 1 can (about 20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound savoy cabbage, quartered, damaged leaves and core removed
- 3/4 pound red cabbage, quartered, damaged leaves and core removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups (about 4 ounces) shredded carrots
- 2 ounces (7 to 8 slices) candied ginger, finely diced, divided
- To make the dressing, purée all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Slice the savoy and the red cabbage as thinly as possible.
- Cut the water chestnut slices in thin strips.
- Toss the savory red cabbage, water chestnuts, carrots, half the candied ginger and the dressing in a serving bowl.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve garnished with the remaining candied ginger.