Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Scallops With Shiitake Salad
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dinner, dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free, main-dish, salad, mothers' day
- 4 cups carrot juice
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chile puree (see note)
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 large shallots, peeled and sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingeroot
- 6 trimmed shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (16 ounce) corn kernels, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 scallops (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 12 potato chips, optional
- Whole chives or cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Boil the carrot juice in a saucepan until reduced to a thin film, about 1/2 cup.
- Add the reduced carrot juice, chili paste and 1/4 cup of the oil in a blender.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the shallots and saute until softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger and saute another minute.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until they lose their raw look.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the corn and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the scallops on all sides with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Season with salt, and toss with the coriander to coat.
- Grill or broil the scallops, turning as needed, until browned on the surface and resilient in the center.
- Mound the corn and mushroom salad on each of 4 serving plates.
- Arrange 3 scallops on each plate surrounding the salad.
- Drizzle with the Chipotle-Carrot Syrup.
- Garnish with cilantro or chives.