Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Southwest-Baked Pasta And Cheese
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- texmex, nut free, vegetarian
- 4 cups (8 ounces) bow-tie pasta
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, no-salt added, drained
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chiles
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, except 1/4 cup of cheese and tortilla chips.
- Add hot pasta to bowl and mix to blend thoroughly.
- Transfer to 2-quart, shallow baking dish and spread to even out the top; top with remaining cheese and bake in the center of the oven for about 20 minutes until bubbly.
- Sprinkle top with tortilla chips and bake 5-10 minutes longer, until the topping is lightly browned.