Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Southwest Turkey Bean Salad
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- texmex, dinner, dairy free, nut free, sugar free, main-dish, salad, thanksgiving leftovers
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, regular or reduced fat
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallion (green onion), white and green
- 1 canned, roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup jicama, peeled and diced, or canned water chestnuts
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) chunk turkey in water, drained
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise with hot pepper sauce, chili powder and cumin.
- Stir in the oil a little at a time until all is incorporated and the dressing is smooth.
- Add the garbanzo beans, scallion, roasted pepper and jicama.
- Break the turkey into small chunks and toss everything together gently until all of the salad ingredients are coated with dressing.
- Refrigerate for up to one day.
- Just before serving, fold in the avocado and parsley.