Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Spiced Double Corn And Blueberry Muffins
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- breakfast, nut free, vegetarian, snacks, New Year's
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can (8 1/2 ounces) creamed corn
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 can (15 ounces) blueberries, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oven to 425º F.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with paper cups.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the creamed corn, buttermilk, egg, oil and lemon zest.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture, stirring only until all ingredients are moistened.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into prepared cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the tops with remaining sugar.
- Bake about 18 minutes until muffins have risen and are golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature on the day of baking. (If making ahead, freeze the muffins, then reheat at low-oven temperature for a few minutes.)