Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Spicy Black-Eyed Pea And Jicama Salad
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- southern, lunch, dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free, vegetarian, salad, sides, cinco de mayo
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and cut into matchstick strips (see note)
- 1 cup medium-hot salsa
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, preferably fresh
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (ground red pepper)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Toss before serving.