Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- nut free, vegetarian
- 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian chili
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes (no salt added), drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 12, 6-inch corn tortillas Non-stick oil spray
- Combine chili, tomatoes, cheese, 1/3 cup green onion, green and red bell peppers and cayenne pepper in a medium mixing bowl*.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the filling on each tortilla and fold in half.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spray with oil.
- Cook the quesadillas, two at a time, in a covered pan, until browned on both sides and bubbling, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Chilidillas can be served immediately or held in a 200°F oven on a baking sheet, loosely covered with foil for about 30 minutes.
- Cut in wedges and scatter the remaining green onion over top.