Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Sweet Pepper-Corned Beef Salad
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- irish, lunch, dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free, salad, 4th of july, memorial day, mothers' day, saint patrick's day
- 3 small bell peppers (red, yellow, green), sliced in thin rings
- 1 onion, sliced thinly, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 head Romain lettuce
- 1 can (12 ounces) corned beef, cut into thin slices
- 2 teaspoons fresh herbs (parsley, basil and/or oregano), chopped
- Toss the peppers, onion rings, oil, vinegar and garlic together; cover and let stant for 30 minutes.
- Line a platter with the lettuce and arrange the corned beef slices around the outer edge of the lettuce-lined platter.
- Spoon the vegetables with a slotted spoon onto center of the platter.
- Drizzle some of the dressing over the corned beef.
- Sprinkle the salad with the herbs.
- Serve with the remaining dressing.