Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- asian, chinese, dinner, dairy free, nut free, main-dish, chinese new year, memorial day
- 1 cup no-salt added ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 pound large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine the ketchup, sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce in a bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium high heat in a large skillet or wok.
- Add the peppers.
- Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the snow peas.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Remove vegetables from the skillet.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet; add the shrimp.
- Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Stir in the reserved sauce, pineapple, green onions and vegetables; heat through.
- Serve over the rice.