Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- texmex, dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the steak strips, and cook until browned on all sides.
- Drain the excess oil and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat is tender.