Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- asian, thai, dairy free, gluten free, sugar free
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup jasmine or long-grain white rice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon green Thai chili paste (see note)
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 can (13 1/2 ounces) lite coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh basil and cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add the rice and chili paste and stir for 1 minute until well blended.
- Add the tomatoes and broth and increase the heat to medium-high.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Add the chicken, coconut milk, salt and pepper; cover the pan and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through (Do not overcook).
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Garnish with chopped basil and cilantro.