Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
The Big Easy Spicy Shrimp
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dinner, nut free, main-dish, memorial day
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 can (26 1/2 ounces) traditional-flavor spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Stir in bell pepper, onion and celery.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times, until vegetables are tender, yet still crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes with chilies in a separate, medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cover, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the Dutch oven and increase heat to high.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes while tossing, until shrimp are pink and just opaque in the center.
- Add sauce; stir well and return to a simmer.
- Serve shrimp over rice.