Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Tortellini And Vegetable Soup
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- italian, dinner, lunch, dairy free, nut free, sugar free, main-dish
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounce) zucchini and tomatoes Half of
- 1 can (15 ounce) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 package (12 ounce) frozen or refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes until tender.
- Add the oregano and rosemary and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the chicken broth, zucchini and tomatoes, and chickpeas.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the tortellini and and simmer, uncovered for about 8 minutes or until tortellini is just cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.