Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- italian, dinner, lunch, nut free, salad, mothers' day
- 1 can (about 6 ounces) light tuna in water, drained
- 1 large clove garlic, halved
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese Kosher salt, to taste*
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 gallon romaine leaves that have been torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups plain croutons
- To make the dressing, purée all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Toss the romaine, red onion and dressing in a large salad bowl.
- Add the croutons and toss; serve immediately.