Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Tuna With Grape Tomatoes And Greens
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- asian, dinner, dairy free, sugar free, main-dish, memorial day
- 1 cup canned asparagus cuts and tips, drained and chilled
- 1 can (6 ounces) albacore white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves, washed, dried and shredded
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Place asparagus, tuna, chickpeas, lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- Whisk peanut oil, lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, hot-pepper sauce, capers and cilantro in a small bowl to make a vinaigrette.
- Toss vinaigrette with the salad ingredients; serve immediately.