Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Turkey-Rice Supper Recimeal
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dinner, gluten free, nut free, main-dish
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
- 1 cup broccoli florets or sliced zucchini
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (6 1/2 ounces) turkey, flaked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in rice and cook until golden brown.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, stir one more time, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper and turkey.
- Cover pan and cook for 5 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed and the rice and vegetables are tender.
- Toss with grated cheese just before serving.