Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Tuscan-Style Pasta With Cannellini
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- italian, dairy free, nut free, vegan, vegetarian
- 1 pound ziti or penne pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound curly escarole, sliced or 1 small bunch arugula
- 1 can (16 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice, undrained
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until slightly browned (less than a minute).
- Add escarole; stirring occasionally until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes with their juice and wine.
- Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; stir in basil and heat through.
- Drain pasta and toss with the sauce.