Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- breakfast, gluten free, nut free, vegetarian, brunch, New Year's
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) asparagus cuts and tips, drained
- 1 cup canned, sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 large plum tomato, sliced
- 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat the eggs with parsley, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat a medium, ovenproof, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil and onions, and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove onions from the skillet and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean and return to heat.
- Add remaining olive oil to the skillet.
- Add eggs and cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the eggs begin to set.
- Sprinkle onions, asparagus, potatoes, mushrooms, and tomato over the top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the egg is set in the center.
- Slide the frittata onto a serving dish and cut into quarters.