Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dinner, nut free, main-dish, halloween
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounce) diced green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Salsa, optional
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and saute until tender.
- Add the chilies, flour and cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until lightly thickened.
- Add the chicken and heat through.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream and salsa, if desired.