Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- gluten free, vegetarian, sides, christmas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 package (4 to 6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (8 1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and pecans.
- Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are lightly browned and the pecans are toasted; remove from pan.
- Prepare the rice mix in the same pan according to package directions.
- Stir in the peaches and mushroom mixture during the last 5 minutes of cooking.