- Picked at the height of ripeness, canned peaches are nutritionally on par with fresh.
- Vitamin C levels in canned peaches are 4 times higher than in fresh and folate levels are 10 times higher*.
- The store price of a serving of canned peaches is about 39 cents less than an equal serving of fresh peaches, depending on the season. This makes peaches a convenient and cost-effective way to enjoy this delicious fruit year-round.
Quick Tips for Using Canned Peaches:
- Freeze one can of sliced peaches in juice until solid and then blend with 1.5 cups of sugar-free lemonade and 6-ounces of low-fat or nonfat yogurt for a refreshing drink.
- Peaches make a perfect breakfast topper! Sweeten your oatmeal with a cup of diced canned peaches or use in lieu of syrup on your waffles to add a serving of fruit to your breakfast.
- Take your savory dishes to the next level by adding diced peaches to your salsas, chicken or turkey wraps and even grilled salmon.
*Journal Sci Food Agric, 2013 93:593-603